Friday, January 19, 2007

I've been tagged, too

Liana at Sew Intriguing has tagged me. What haven't I rambled on about myself?

1. I'm adopted. If you've checked out the pictures of my mom, you've probably sorted that out for yourself, but now it's been said here. I was two weeks old at the time and my parents worried because they were low on gas on a holiday, but it all worked out in the end.

2. Which brings me to: I'm an Air Force brat. Born in Formosa (better known now as Taiwan), I arrived in the U.S. at 6 months. Daddy was in the Air Force for 23 years and was retired as a Chief Master Sargent at age 40. Who knew about the cumulative affects of red meat and cholesterol (and smoking) in 1970?

3. I sang in choirs from fifth grade through high school and cannot read a lick of music. I sang second soprano and my crowning achievement in was to make the high A in the Hallejah chorus. I was also second alternate soprano in the McGregor's Beggars. Second because I can't read music, but I was cute and a senior, so this was my only chance.

4. I don't belong on a bicycle. At age 6, when learning to ride somehow I fell off and ended up in emergency with a cut between my left index and middle finger from the spokes. (I then used the scar to always tell my left from my right.) At age 21, I was riding into the sun, looked away briefly and ran into the back of a parked truck with something very sharp sticking out the back. That resulted in six days at the Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado.

5. I met Tom because I am a rotten salesperson. My second job post-Colorado State was working for a Manufacturer's Rep firm (Atari and Texas Instruments, among other esoteric things) as a computer sales person. Apple II was firmly entrenched and I was 22 without a clue. A new manager was hired and called one Sunday to was asked if I wanted to be a "merchandiser," (the unspoken words were "You're cute, but you're not making us any money.") Sure...what's a merchandiser? I was told to be at Atari, in Sunnyvale, the next day. Tom was a trainer and was coerced, cajoled, harrassed, into doing a short training session on the Telelink cartridge (if you know what that is that will really dates you.) "There's a really cute girl from DK named Patty Richards." Tom's first thought from the name was "Tall, blond, wine drinking, woman who likes cats." Boy was he wrong. We'll celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in August.

There you have it.

The rules:

  • Someone Tags you
  • You post 5 things about yourself that you haven't already mentioned on your blog
  • You tag 5 people about whom you'd like to know more

So if they're game, I'm tagging KnitnListen, readysetmom, Sharon Sews, Cat Fur Studio and Marnie Talks.