Friday, January 05, 2007

Have you seen the latest VK?

For a couple of years, I didn't subscribe to Vogue Knitting because for a while I didn't see more than a pattern or two that appealed. But things have changed. The past two issues have been, well, dangerous. With so many projects I want to do, VK is only adding to the list.

Time being what it is, I probably won't get to all of the projects, but those I would seriously consider include:






I love the Norah Gaughan's multidirectional cable shrug. Next to lace, cables are my favorite things to knit. Add in the multidirectional aspect and I'm there!











I'm sure someone needs a nice wool coat—maybe even me.













Lace using fat yarn and a cute bolero to boot. Maybe that's my next instant gratification project.










I'd love to knit this for Tom, but I'd have to substitute a non-wool yarn for my always-warm husband to wear it. I'll have to do some research on this one.











Shrugs are just fun and the stripes on Shir Mor's version is very appealing.






Actually most of the patterns in this issue were really intriguing. Heck, if I were a proficient crocheter, I'd even make the A-line dress...but I'm not (and that's probably a good thing...).