Friday, March 09, 2007

Thank you gifts

My Adobe days are in the past, but I'm happy to say that I've stayed in touch with many of the people I met.

Makoto Miyata works for Adobe Japan. His visits to San Jose and Seattle gave me the opportunity to meet and get to know him.

Tom had been trying to remember the name of an album he'd had and lost during his move from Medford, OR to Sunnyvale, CA. Three weeks ago, it came back to him, after watching and episode of BBC panel game show, Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Farewell Fairbanks, by Randy Edelman. But it was only released on CD in Japan, and he couldn't locate anyone selling it here in the U.S. (Though I just found it at songsearch.com in a Google search.)

So I sent an email to Makoto, and, timing being everything, he found two listings on Yahoo! Japan. And now Tom has his CD. I'm not sure how much he paid because I couldn't find the second listing and Makoto wants a hamburger next time he's in the U.S. But that's always iffy: who knows if his schedule will allow him to have a hamburger with us?


But then, it's hard enough to make something for men here, much less a man in Japan. So my solution was to make a little poncho for his four year old daughter, Marika.







For her dad and mom (and her, too, probably), we found some too-cute truffles at Moonstruck Chocolates.








After sending out Makoto's package from the West Linn post office, we noticed that Bone-Jour Gourmutt Bakery & Boutique was open, so we stopped in for a visit. We had a nice chat with the owner, Cindy, and will be taking the dogs to visit after "puppy toes" (aka nail trims) at the Dog Club.