Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Temptations


Michelle and I went to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival on Saturday. For both of us, it was our first visit and we were quite impressed. It's just a good thing neither of us spin (yet?) because the fibers were just lovely and it would have been hard not to come away with bags full. As it was, we both exercised some restraint. Although tempted by some lovely yarns, three skeins merino/mohair, hand dyed by Nancy Finn of Chasing Rainbows where the only thing that traveled home with me.

While I was looking for something else (I can't remember what, now), I saw an Elann.com ad for this twinset designed by Helen Hamann and was taken. I resisted for about 5 minutes before I ordered the yarn and with it get the pattern. The good news here was that when I got to my cart I had $60 worth of credits (having made too many prior purchases...)


AND then, I saw Helen Hamann's new book Andean Inspired Knits.