Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Status

Doggie Dash
Thanks to the generousity of friends and a few strangers, we have collected over $500 for the Oregon Humane Society in one week! And there's still a month to go...



Dressing Gown
I'm making more progress than I expected. I'm working on the back and sleeves at the moment. Can I dare to hope to have it done for Mom's day?




Peasant Top
I actually finished it last July, after my mom picked the pattern out of the Spring 2006 Knitters magazine. And it was gifted to her on Christmas. And it fit. BUT the cap sleeves were too short for her liking. We spoke on Sunday and she was wondering just where was her sweater. Okay. I had to get on the stick and find a ball of the brown yarn on the web since, I couldn't find it in my stash. This one wasn't so easy because not too many stores seem to carry the Garnstudio Bommul-Lin yarn. After some Googling, I did find it, and it's a local online store, located in Aurora, Oregon—Knitty Noddy.

Here's my backward progress having frogged the yoke and sleeves, since both were knit from the bottom up and my attempts to just take out the sleeves were a bust. I did, however, take the opportunity to lengthen the top by an inch.