Friday, February 23, 2007

What to do when ordered not to knit

I've gone ten days without knitting so far and I have the weekend to go.

Fondle yarn
On the first day of the "prescribed" no knitting, fate played a cruel trick and Mr Postman delivered some Noro yarn I'd ordered from Little Knits.

The pinky/purple Kochoran was ordered to make Marta McCall's Shoji Screen Wrap that I saw advertised in the Spring Interweave Knits. Turns out Marta is "next door" in Lake Oswego. The bag of Silk Garden was ordered because I just couldn't resist a sale. I know I should try because my stash is way beyond SABLE, but...


Sew a coat
This is probably a first for me in a very long time. The wool/acrylic co-op fabric AND the New Look 6538 coat pattern were bought and made up in the same month they were purchased. Neither has had time to age in their respective stashes.

Read
I'm not a big reader. I get on jags and read several books and then nothing for months. But I love books and I own more than a few. So I decided to actually read a book about machine embroidery that I bought after I getting my cool new sewing/embroidery machine last year. I haven't been using it to its full potential.

Today we leave for a long weekend in the Bay Area to visit with friends and visit our tax guy. Normally I occupy airport and flying time knitting, but this weekend I'll take my favorite recreational reading— dog mysteries, including the latest from Laurien Berenson and Carol Lea Benjamin.