Monday, February 12, 2007

Cabled Shrug/Bolero redeemed


I think I'll probably knit it again. After the small turned out to be too large on me, I was a little disheartened. So I decided to gift it to someone. I gave Dianne the right of first refusal. It seemed so large, I really thought it wouldn't fit her either, but I was wrong. It looks great on her.

"Capecho"
I completely missed this reference until Janet commented on my finished version. I guess I was so taken with the coolness of the garment, that I didn't even read the description, I just headed for the instructions (which I also didn't read through) and my stash (which I didn't look through completely). So it's a cape/poncho/bolero/shrug.

Next time I'll knit the smaller version and may even knit at a smaller gauge, now that I know how the puzzle is put together and know where to measure.