Saturday, December 02, 2006

Monday weather

Snow day
The ten years I spent growing up in Colorado were long forgotten after 25 years in California. Snow was expected and often a nuisance in Denver, but in San Jose, it was practically non-existent. There were those few occasions when some of the hills in the surrounding area got snow and the one time, sitting at home I watched about five minutes of tiny little snowflakes fall in the backyard, but it was melted as soon as it hit the ground.

In preparation for moving to Oregon, I was well-informed about the rain, and prepared for the freezing rain, but no one really talked about snow. So after 25 years of Bay Area weather, it was quite a treat to see snowfall last year.

And I'm still in awe of the snow (as long as I don't have to drive in it). So on Monday when we got another dusting, the camera came out.
   .
More snow day pictures are posted here.