Wednesday, August 30, 2006

This and That

Fiberly Friends
Congrats to Fiberly Friend Liana for garnering several first prize ribbons at the Iowa State Fair. Also check out her other sewing endeavors, along with knitting and crochet. Oh and today is Liana's birthday.

Carolyn sews. Mardel sews and knits. Pam, Kathryn and Peggy have photo albums of their amazing sewing accomplishments. There's more talent among the Fiberly Friends, but no blogs or albums.

Progress
I haven't done any sewing since pre-reunion, but have got a fair bit of knitting done. There's the Sea Silk scarf.



I finished the Alchemy bolero. I started it Saturday, while we were in Denver, documented my progress on Thursday, and finished on Saturday at home. The instructions for kntting the bolero were very good, but they skimped on the details, like providing a schematic of the garment shape. I ended up with a little 2.5 inch piece under the arm shaping, which fit when sewing together, but was just odd. There was no indication of the number of crochet stitches needed - so it probably would have been done sooner were it not for starts and stops on the three rows of single crochet. The edges are a little ruffly, so I think I'll block it a bit.


I picked up the Forest Stole again. It looks like it is going to be about 50 inches. Lace is so scrunchy before blocking, it's hard to tell for sure, but it looked long enough for short me.

Attaching the edging was a little odd to read, but is pretty interesting. I pick up a stitch along the edge, but instead of knitting it, the yarn is pulled and two rows of edging are knit from it, then the extra pulled yarn is cinched in et Voilà! attached edging.