Thursday, October 18, 2007

Vogue Knitting Holiday 2007



It was waiting for me when we got home on Tuesday. I stopped subscribing to VK for a couple of years because there were a couple of years where nothing appealed and Knitter's and Interweave Knits were publishing more interesting patterns. But the pendulum seems to be swinging the other way for I'm seeing more patterns that are appealing to me. Question is: when and what will I have time to actually make?





Of course the first things to appeal to me where lace, and each could be added to my ever-growing "to do" list.

There's Shirley Paden's two piece dress.


And Shiri Mor's drop waist dress with lace skirt.


Karen Joan Raz's beaded shawl is beautiful, but I'd most likely omit the beads.


I loved the colorwork by Alice Starmore and Brandon Mably, but it's doubtful I'd ever actually start these.
 



And Tom Scott's unusual shaping was interesting. Personally, I'd lose the fringe, but that's me.