Saturday, July 14, 2007

New things

I think I said I've been trying not to augment either fabric or yarn stash for the past couple of months. I have been fairly successful (a complete moratorium would be completely out of character, I think) if the recent Visa bill is any indication. Still, when in a yarn store, it's hard to resist the pretty colors and soft fibers. Such was the case when the PDX Knit Bloggers met at Knit Purl last Sunday. I love Sea Silk and red and the Sangria colorway was just too much to resist. I think it was Tammy who was working intently on the Mystery Stole in Habu Bamboo and Terissa had a ball of it with her. It was so soft and shiny, I had to take home some for my very own. One of the great services that Knit Purl offers (and they always offer) is winding yarn from hanks to center pull balls.


At the same time I have been trying to work through stashes. As I was searching my patterns for something to make with the new yarns, I came across the Calliope Sleeveless Shell I'd ordered from Knit Picks last year, along with the red Shine Sport. It's no longer available from Knit Picks, but I did find reference to it on JoLene Treace's (the author) site and she wants to revise it to make available, now that KP's one year license is up. It's been a pretty quick knit considering there are 131 sts on US size 3 (3.25mm) needles.


And here's Clue 3 done on the Mystery Stole