Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Working through the stash




Found it!!
Clue 4 from the Mystery Stole was completed (finally!) and I was on the hunt for yarn for another lace project when I came upon a very old UFO stole. As I pulled it out of the box, I spied a bag with three balls of circa-2004 Mikado Ribbon in Shell Mix. The Tivoli top could finally be completed, and it was.






Mystery Progress

I decided to shorten the Mystery Stole, which meant I didn't have to knit 82 pattern rows (or 164 total), so you'd think it would have gone by quickly. HA! For whatever reasons, a couple of rows kept giving me fits, so I ended up re-knitting at least 50 pattern rows (not in succession, but in total). Still the fourth clue, is completed and the Mystery Stole will remain a mystery for an extra week, while the avid Harry Potter fans (including Melanie) read the new book.


A new shrug
In June, Dianne said to bring knitting to the Dragon Boat races because there would be some waiting between heats, so I looked for an easy to remember pattern and chose Pam Allen's "Little Silk Shrug" from Lace Style. But I didn't make mine out of silk, but the Koigu yarn I picked up at Madrona Fiber Arts in January. It was knit at plays, coffee and anytime I was just waiting. I liked how it turned out, so I may even make another. After all I will need another take-along project.