Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Though she won't see this and you can't email her any greetings, it bears noting that today is my mom's 81st birthday. Currently, she lives in Sun City West, AZ, but we are working hard to change that. After four years of "Absolutely not!" in August after spending a week of al fresco lunches and dinners, she seemed to soften her stance. So we set out to find a nice place for her to move not too far from us, address all possible objections and present it all to her at Christmas.

So far the words "I'm moving" haven't been spoken, but in February we head south to help fix the little house deficiencies and, with luck, she'll sign with the realtors, referred by Dianne and the decision will be made.


In the meantime, I've been single-mindedly working on her birthday gift which is more appropriate to Pacific NW winters than desert SW, but when I saw the picture in the November/December issue of Crochet Today! it screamed "Mom!" It's my second crochet project and, as expected there was plenty of un-crocheting, but I do have to admit, even for a novice, crochet seems to grow much more quickly than knitting. Though in the end I still prefer knitting, it's nice to be able to decipher crochet patterns now; it opens up lots of options.







This should have arrived on her doorstep yesterday and hopefully she likes it. It was crocheted using Elann Highland Wool yarn in color Redwood.










Mom and me