Saturday, October 14, 2006

Knit Nite

Thursday I spent a very pleasant evening with some knitters at Connie Knepper's house.

Here's what Dianne wrote about the group:

Here is who I know will be at the knit night. I am looking forward to it!

Connie Knepper - learned to knit when she was a teen and has returned to it. She is consistently finishing projects and has just finished a sweater

Patty Hudson - mostly retired at 40 something so she knits or sews all the time and has saved me and encouraged me regularly on her blog.






Jean Rodway - my mother who specializes. First she did over 500 baby hats for a hospital. Now she is knitting socks on tiny little needles, usually with pretty self stripping or Lorna's Laces yarn. I especially love my light denim colored ones with the tree pattern.





Lydia Kim - a work associate of mine, who learned as a child and has returned.
She has knit numerous scarves and likes to "play" with the yarn. She wants to move on now to another.






Me - I like to buy yarn, look at blogs like Patty's, yarn sites and dream. Haven't knit in weeks since I spent 3 days and nights knitting over Labor day and now have tarpal (sic) tunnel syndrome to baby along. Am proud that I finished a wool vest for John for his July heat of the summer birthday. (It was supposed to be for Christmas previously). Several of the above would say I spend more time "frogging" than knitting.




Stephanie - a former work associate of Connie's, who started 1-2 years ago. I have seen some of her nice work, but haven't seen her for 6+ months to know what she is knitting.

Additionally, there was Angela, Stephanie's friend who had never knit before.